Social Media Policy
Have you got a social media policy outlined for your company? If not, follow our page on LinkedIn for a free template: https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/2853437/
Reasons why a social media policy is important:
- Gives employees direction because they know what they can and can’t do on social media (will vary from company to company).
- Protect your company’s reputation – You don’t want anything negative being posted online or confidential information given away.
- Employees understand the consequences if they do breach the guidelines.
- Improves efficiency – No or limited social media at work means employees are 100% focused on the task at hand, meaning more work gets done with less distractions.
- Provide clarity around the organization’s values and culture for customers, employees and the public.