Matrix IT’s 24/7 System Monitoring turns conventional IT support on its head. Rather than wait for you to notice that a system has failed, often involving time-consuming ‘systems fiddling’ on your part, our 24/7 monitoring will alert us to problems at your sites.
What is 24/7 system monitoring?
24/7 system monitoring checks your critical systems every five or fifteen minutes. Whenever it finds a problem, it sends an e-mail or SMS alert showing the exact nature of the problem directly to us. It updates our WallChart, a large screen in our office that shows the exact status of all our clients. We’ll see the true nature of the problem rather than having to depend on your best guess. That means we can fix it faster and radically boost your overall uptime.
What does it check?
Every five minutes, 24/7 system monitoring will:
- Check that your servers are up and running.
- Check that you can connect to the internet.
- Check any or all of your Windows Services including the vital components of your server’s operating system. These vital services allow you to logon to your network, access the internet and print your work.
- Check network devices and remote office [devices].
- Check TCP ports on your network, on other networks or at your ISP. If any of these ports are failing to respond, you may be unable to connect and do your job.
- Check disk space to ensure it is below a set threshold.
- Check Redundant Array of Independent Disks RAID devices to ensure that all disks are functioning correctly and data is safe.
- Check your website to ensure it’s up and running and serving your customers.
Check other devices using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
What difference does System Monitoring make to you and your company?
If everything is running correctly, then it makes no difference whether you have system monitoring or not.
We can fix it faster and uptime is maximised, specific informative alerts are routed to the right technician and he or she can deal with it quickly and efficiently, first time. Network security will not be compromised and your systems will be up and running again.
Alerts for mission-critical systems can be set by SMS day or night and it costs just pennies per day. Don’t take the chance, ask us to set it up for you.
Contact Matrix IT about 24/7 system monitoring
We work with businesses in Portsmouth, Fareham, Southampton and across the Hampshire region. Give us a call or send us an e-mail to find out about our System Monitoring Service. It takes just minutes to set up, doesn’t require any system reboots and can be protecting your business from downtime today: