It is very important to involve your employees in cyber-security threats as in the battle against cybercrime, they can help stop data, systems and reputation being compromised.
What your business can do:
- Make your employees aware of the responsibilities they have within the company and explain how their actions can assist cyber-criminals.
- Have a contingency plan in place so that if your company does get breached, your employees know exactly what actions to take.
- Make sure to clearly communicate. Working together can help reduce the effects of the hack rather than panicking.
For more information on cyber-security, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 01329 888444.
5G wireless networks are coming soon with claims that they are 100 times faster than the 4G wireless networks we are currently using. They are also meant to be 10 times faster than the top of the range super-fast broadband, but why is this important for your business?
Much faster speeds means better efficiency and productivity. There is nothing more frustrating than a slow connection so finding ways of doing more in less time with fewer resources is a recipe for success. 5G coverage is also expected to be much more widespread, meaning you can access files and the cloud from more places, quicker than ever before.
For more information, please contact us via email at email@example.com or phone at 01329 888444.
Although passwords seem like a basic part of IT, they are still proving to be a huge security risk. Many still use very mainstream passwords and are using them across several accounts, which makes them the ideal target for hackers. With functions and software like Keychain, it is now easier than ever to store passwords, but this isn’t necessarily safe.
Changing your password every now and then whilst reviewing your password policies every year can help step up the security of your business and can help stop potential hackers from getting into your system. For more information on password policies, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 01329 888444.
Microsoft Azure is a growing collection of integrated cloud services that is used to build, deploy and manage applications through Microsoft’s data centres. Benefits of moving to Azure include:
- You’re business is covered. With regional and global back-up options, your business can confidently know all it’s systems are covered from any disaster or threats.
- Passwords tend to be a problematic issue for businesses so Azure provides security as the software enables secure logon for users.
- It is fast and reliable. According to Microsoft, connections don’t go over the public internet and they offer more reliability and faster speeds than typical Internet connections.
- It doesn’t make GDPR an issue. GDPR is the most significant change to EU privacy law in two decades so with the most compliance offerings of any cloud service provider, the Microsoft Cloud is here to support your data compliance initiatives.
- Azure Solutions are integrated with almost everything so it can carry out busy critical processes without hastle.
For more information on moving to Microsoft Azure, please contact us via email at email@example.com or phone at 01329 888444.
The Cloud is now part of our everyday lives, at work and at home. It is becoming a popular solution as bandwidth and internet connections become quicker and more stable. At Matrix IT, we provide two basic cloud solutions:
Solution one – Software as a service
Effectively you use a web browser to access your software and buy licensing from the supplier or reseller.
Solution two – Infrastructure as a service
You rent host systems which are provided by data centres or third party providers.
The Cloud incorporates the following:
- Hosted / co-location systems.
- Migration to the cloud.
- Office 365.
- Backup systems (off site).
- E-mail continuity.
- Monthly cost rather than large upfront cost
So whether it’s a hybrid solution or some advice about the Cloud or our services, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 01329 888444.
Internet based phone systems have been around for years. VoIP systems (voice over the internet) are stable, flexible, and competitive in price against conventional phone systems. VoIP solutions can offer a corporate phone system for a fraction of the cost.
At Matrix IT, we will provide:
- Fully hosted systems
- SIP trunks
- Broadband connects
- Monthly call packages
- Number porting service
- Voice conferencing
- Voice recording
- Hunt groups
- Menu systems
If you’re a business moving offices or simply looking for a more functional phone system, please contact us via email at email@example.com or phone at 01329 888444.
Microsoft Office 365 is a group of software and services subscriptions which provide productivity software and related services to customers, changing the way businesses work. It is the ideal platform to achieve your business’ productivity as it accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop meaning all files are synchronized so employees can pick up work right where you left off.
Why your business should move to Office 365:
- Office 365 offers data protection and backup so you have peace of mind that you’ll never lose the data you use.
- Works on a pay as you go rate. If your business grows, simply pay for additional services and extra storage. This means your business doesn’t need to buy new hard drive for storage space and you can just pay for what you need.
- It is available on the cloud, so you don’t have to worry about servers. It can also integrate with your company’s on-premises solutions if needs be.
- As it is based in the cloud, it allows you and your employees to work from absolutely anywhere on any form of device without security being an issue.
- Once you’ve moved to Office 365 you’ll have instant access to updates and bug fixes as soon as they’re ready and issued by Microsoft so you’ll always have an efficient system with the newest updates.
If you are interested in moving to Microsoft Office 365, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 01329 888444.
Proactive monitoring is an essential aspect for any IT company or department. It will identify potential issues before they become a major problem. Our monitoring service here at Matrix is crucial. We offer a free 30 days no obligation installation, which will provide you daily and monthly reports.
This service includes:
- Server Monitoring (proactive approach to support).
- Application Monitoring.
- Reporting of systems.
- Daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Linked into portal for SLA reporting.
- PC monitoring.
- Printer levels monitoring.
- Raided systems monitoring.
If you are interested in our system monitoring, please contact us via email at email@example.com or phone at 01329 888444.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the new legislation that brings data security in line with new ways that data is now used. Currently, the UK relies on the Data Protection Act 1998 but this will soon be replaced in May 2018. It introduces tougher fines for non-compliance and breaches and gives people more say over what companies can do with their data.
Why is this important?
The new GDPR regulation will apply to any organization that processes, collects or uses personal data relating to EU subjects, so most company’s will be affected. As long as your company is compliant with the new guidelines and demonstrates that good data protection is an integral part of your business, then it shouldn’t be an issue. Getting this wrong however can damage your reputation and could see legal action being taken against you. Be prepared!
Matrix IT offers a wide range of IT support services, IT solutions, service level agreements (SLAs) and managed IT services. We continually monitor needs and usage and adjust the contract accordingly to save your business money. Our experience and knowledge of computer services and IT solutions will move your business forward. We work closely with you to provide an excellent support service.
IT services that we provide include:
- Managed IT services
- Fully Managed IT services
- Partially Managed
- 24/7 Helpdesk support
- System monitoring
- On-site engineers (permanent if required)
- Online reporting system
- Ticketing system – from which the problem will be tracked until resolved.
- Daily checks and live system checks of critical business applications/systems.
- Reporting to key personnel
- Peace of mind knowing that a professional, reliable company is meeting your IT needs
To find out more information about the most cost-effective IT solution for your company, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 01329 888444.