This month’s staff bio is Marco. Marco is our Senior IT Helpdesk engineer here at Matrix. Originally from South Africa, Marco moved to the UK in 2013 and joined Matrix in 2017.
- What is your name, age, place of birth, job role and length of service at Matrix IT?
I am 37, born in Johannesburg South Africa and I have been a Senior IT Helpdesk engineer at Matrix for 2 years.
- If you could do one thing in life what would that be?
Sort out all the nonsense that is happening in the world today.
- What are your hobbies and passions?
Thankfully, my hobby is also my passion and that is to DJ. My other hobbies include playing golf, extreme sports and car racing.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Do you have any pets and children?
I have no pets but I have one child, aged two and another child on the way, due in June of this year.
- What is your favourite possession?
This would be my first set of Dj turntables that I bought in 2000 which I still have.
- What is your favourite quote?
- What motivates or inspires you?
My family and positive recognition.
- What are your goals for the future?
Continue to provide an income for my family.
- What do you love most about your job?
Days keep you guessing what is next. Helping out engineers when stuck with an issue.
- Describe your biggest achievement to date.
I have completed a Microsoft qualification which I was unable to do previously, due to financial issues. I have achieved a few things
- Who is your idol, mentor or someone that inspires you?
My idol as a DJ: Ricardo Da Costa. My idol as a person: My brother. Work hard and you will achieve greatness.
- Why Matrix?
Matrix is a great company to work for. The staff are great fun and always in good spirit. We all work great as a team and are always willing to get involved and assist when a colleague is stuck on an issue. There is always a great atmosphere even when we are super busy.