This month’s Bio is on our newly qualified engineer Ben. He has just completed his Technical Engineering apprenticeship here with us and has stayed on as a Support Engineer!
- What is your name, age, place of birth, job role and length of service at Matrix IT
My name is Ben, I’m 19 and I was born in Portsmouth. I started at Matrix as an apprentice in 2017 and am now a Firstline Support Engineer
- If you could do one thing in life what would that be?
Put an end to homelessness because nobody should feel that they have no other option but to sleep on the streets
- What are your hobbies and passions?
I have a passion for cars, electronic music and of course all things tech!
- 4How would you describe yourself?
I’d describe myself as hard working, loyal and optimistic. People say that I have a good sense of humour
- Do you have any pets and children?
I have a pet Spoodle called Trixie. She’s a Springer Spaniel, Poodle cross and loves to dash around the house
- What is your favourite possession?
My first laptop I got when I was 9 years old, it still works to this day!
- What is your favourite quote?
“You just need to be accepted for who you are and be proud of who you are and that is what I’m trying to do.” ~ Lewis Hamilton
- What motivates or inspires you?
My family, friends, and faith
- What are your goals for the future?
To fulfil my potential professionally, enjoy a happy family life, and make a difference in the world
- What do you love most about your job?
I love being part of a happy team, every day is different, and delivering solutions for our customers
- Describe your biggest achievement to date
I have just achieved a distinction from my apprenticeship at Matrix and have learnt a huge amount from it
- Who is your idol, mentor or someone that inspires you?
I’m very blessed to have strong role models in all areas of my life
- Why Matrix?
I’ve found Matrix to be an inspiring place to work and I can’t imagine being anywhere else. Highly productive and enjoy working with my colleagues