Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) enables voice communication between your telephone system (PBX) and the telephone network to share your data connections.
Why use SIP Trunks?
- The need for local public switched telephone network (PSTN) gateways
- Costly ISDN BRIs (Basic Rate Interfaces) or PRIs (Primary Rate Interfaces)
SIP can offer:
- Savings on calls compared to your standard telephone bills.
Your standard phone line is replaced by the IP network. VoIP call rates are usually lower than traditional equivalents.
- Flexibility in how you can use your numbers.
With SIP you can move existing or have new numbers outside of your local exchange area.
- Lower-cost business continuity options.
You could route your VoIP calls over your existing IP network saving money on costly call-forwarding.
Contact Matrix IT about VoIP Phone Systems for business
Matrix IT provide VoIP solutions to businesses in Portsmouth, Fareham, Southampton and across the Hampshire region. To find out more about SIP Trunks and transferring to a VoIP system, please contact a member of our team.